The Woodside Group has held ISO 14001:2004 since January 2007. This certification covers all Group companies across all sites/depots.
ISO 14001 is the internationally recognised standard for the environmental management of businesses. It prescribes controls for those activities that have an effect on the environment.
These include the use of natural resources, handling and treatment of waste and energy consumption.
ISO14001 provides the following benefits:
- Improved management of environmental risk.
- Management of environmental impacts.
- Compliance of environmental legislation.
- Continual improvement against specific targets to improve environmental performance - e.g. power usage etc.
- Competitive edge over non-certified businesses.
- Increased credibility that comes from independent assessment.
- Continual improvement which helps drive more efficient use of raw materials and enhanced performance leading to cost reductions.